FOURTH QUARTER PROJECT REFLECTION

5:30 AM


REFLECTION


Throughout the fourth quarter in e9 we worked with a group to complete a project that involved creating a product and designing the packaging, logo, as well as a commercial. My groups product was CAMTACTS which is a contact lens that takes photos through a tiny microchip located in the outer edge of a contact lens. The photos taken are then saved to the CAMTACTS app where they can be seen and printed at a later time. 


Our group did really well at communicating and working together to brainstorm ideas. We all had very different ideas of what our product should include, and what the graphics should look like, but we were able to find ways to compromise and work together to complete the product to the best of our ability. 

We struggled a lot with staying on task and focusing. Several times I had to remind people to work on their product and we ended up finishing our website super last minute because of this problem. 

With our next group project I think it would be beneficial to learn everyones strengths before we begin and to see what everyone is interested in. Such as graphics, videos, or animations. Going into the project our group didn't know what we all enjoyed doing the most and it made assigning roles difficult. 

If I could change anything about this project it would be allowing more time to work on the actual product or having a separate rotation for the web site because it took a long time to put it together and we had such limited time to work on it. 

By completing this project it has helped me with leadership skills and just being able to work in a time limit. I had to go out of my comfort zone to lead others so that the project could get completed well and on time. I also had to be able to work on a time limit and just use time management to make sure everything got done. I'm a huge perfectionist and when situations usually don't look good i'll spend a really long time perfecting them which doesn't work so well on projects that have time limits. I had to make sure I worked quickly and efficiently. 

For this project I designed the majority of the graphics as well as the packaging. My original idea was used for the logo, but it was then created with new colors and a little different of a design by Austin. I created the ad as well as all the graphics on the CAMTACTS box packaging and the CAMTACTS contact solution bottle. I also designed the basic color scheme and font choice that we used to brand all of our products.  And lastly I decided our companies business cards. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook