MX4D Justice League Experience

11:15 AM


MX4D Experience

What is MX4D
MX4D is a new type of movie experience that can now be more available to everyone and not just an amusement park attraction. In the MX4D theater, you sit in specialized chairs that move around, splash water, and blow wind throughout the film in allignment with the movie on the screen. I have been on various MX4D rides at Disney Land and Lego Land, but those rides mainly just had moving chairs and not a lot happening besides that. Going into the film, I was excited to be able to see the movie in this new way but I was a little concerned about how much it would distract from the film and how comfortable it would be to view.

Favorite Part
My favorite part about viewing the movie in MX4D was that it provided a lot more action and entertainment in to seeing a movie. To lots of people, viewing movies for 2 hours can be very boring and people can easily loose focus. Watching the movie in MX4D provided viewers with constant motion and excitement for what would happen next.

Least Favorite Part
My least favorite part of this experience was probably how the actual seats made viewing the movie more uncomfortable. There were also lots of the effects that seemed unnecessary. Various effects didn't quite fit well with the movie such as shaking when bags dropped, various smells, and the use of  the tickler. I think lots of the effects could enhance the movie eventually, but at least with this movie they didn't sync well with the film.

Movie Review
Viewing Justice League in MX4D made understanding the movie a lot more difficult. I hadn't seen the movie before coming in and viewing it in MX4D made understanding the plot as well as the dialogue a lot more difficult. If I was really looking forward to seeing Justice League after watching various DC movies before, I would have been really frustrated viewing it in MX4D because it definitely distracts your focus.

MX4D Integration
I think MX4D would be a really cool new way to view horror movies as well as action movies. I think that MX4D defiantly adds something new to the movie watching world, however I don't think it would work very well with certain types of movies such as drama or animated films.

Opinion
I really enjoy watching movies in my free time at home and in the movie theater. I think movies provide enough action on their own to excite and I thought watching a movie in MX4D took away too much of my focus and didn't make it as enjoyable for understanding the movie. However, I think that if you want to see a movie again in theaters with a group of friends it would be a really cool way to socialize and have fun while enjoying a previously watched movie. I think MX4D is definitely better than watching a movie in 3d because 3d really puts a strain on various peoples eyes and makes the movie way less enjoyable. MX4D provides enough entertainment to not be overly obnoxious and make people dizzy.

New Technology
I think that a way to bring more people to the movie theater would be to create bigger movie screens and more surround sound in the individual chairs. TVs today are already very large and very high quality for viewing movies. I think that if all the movie theaters provided viewers with a way larger screen with high quality surround audio it would enhance the movie a lot more than being moved around by a 4D chair.

Conclusions
Overall, I think MX4D is a really cool option to have available to movie viewers, but I don't think it's something I would go back and experience. MX4D is definitely a step in the right direction for encouraging people to come into movie theaters again, however, I think there is a lot to still improve on in order to truly grab the audiences attention once again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook