Everything Has Changed Music Video

12:51 PM



Overall Project

For this project we created a music video to the song of our choice. In a group, we chose a song, location, and style of editing. Our goal of this video was to create a professional style music video that is similar to the original song production. My group chose to create a music video to Taylor Swifts song Everything Has Changed.

Process

To create this music video, it took several days of planning as well as filming. We began by coming up with a general concept. Taylor Swifts actual music video had a feature on two young kids who fall in love. I thought the music video would be better if it had a transition between two young kids that would start as friends and slowly be in a relationship years later. After we had a general concept my group began storyboarding and creating a general layout on how we wanted the video to look. We then began making a beat sheet so that we can match scenes with certain times and words. After we had the entire video storyboarded and our actors casted we determined a location. We decided on having a warm aesthetic so we determined several locations that would match the warm tone. We began filming with the kids and shot on a playground. We then filmed the majority of the videos shots with the older couple. We filmed at a park, the ONW library, POUR coffeehouse, and the country club plaza. After all the filming was done it was time to begin editing. To edit I organized all the clips in final cut based on location. This really helped with editing because it helped me sequence the shots a lot better. Editing took quite a while and I asked several people on advice in order to prefect it.

Skills Learned

Throughout the production of this video I learned several new concepts. I've learned a lot about planning videos and determining locations. I also learned the importance of using a tripod and using a steady hand. Lots of the shots taken of motion without a tripod were vary shaky and stabilization in premier could only do so much to fix it. I also learned the importance of using bins in editing. Without bins my editing process would have taken a lot longer than it already did.

I also learned several collaboration skills. I learned how to plan events based on other peoples schedules. I also was in a fairly large group and that helped me learn the importance of project management and making sure everyone is doing their part to get the project done.

Changes

There are a lot of things I would do differently if I was to do this project again. Having a large group was fun, but overall it was a lot of work to get the video filming planned. It was also hard to determine rolls for everyone. I would also like to be behind the camera more instead of just directing. I filmed a few of the shots and was very happy with them and I wished I was able to film more steady shots.

Keep the Same

If I was to do another music video I would definitely keep a few things. I really liked the process of editing I used as well as the locations of filming. Having good locations really helped with the overall videos mood and made it look a lot more professional.

Conclusions

From this video I learned the importance of collaboration and technical skills. I have learned a lot about filming that I can use throughout the next semester to enhance my videos. Overall, I really enjoyed creating this project and working with the people in the process. This video has really shown me my passion for music videos and I hope that I can work to make my videos a lot better in the future.
















You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook